Friday, May 8

Eminem Relapsed


This Relapse album is way sub par. The whole thing is produced by Dre, so I was expecting something... ummm... HOT! The only thing I keep getting is Hot Garbage. And can somebody tell me why this dude raps like he's from a different country with this funky ass accent? He's still beefing with his mom. Can't he just get over it and get her something nice for Mother's Day this weekend? There are a few songs that are ok to listen to (Beautiful, the video for 3AM, Crack a Bottle was cool), but it's typical Eminem. He took this long ass hiatus, only to come back the same as where he left off. He claims to have taken time to deal with a drug problem.

"I wasn't ready mentally. I wasn't ready to give up the drugs. I didn't really think I had a problem. Basically, I went in, and I came out. I relapsed, and I spent the next three years struggling with it. Also, at that time, I felt like I wanted to pull back, because my drug problem had got so bad.

"I felt like, 'Maybe if I take a break, maybe this will help.' I started to get into the producer role more. I can still be out there with my music, but I don't have to be in the spotlight the whole time."


Drug problem or not, him and Dre need to hit the lab and try again. I'd give the album 6 mics out of 10.

Keep Hip Hop Alive, One Bar At A Time
Over and Out, DocBoone

No comments: