Sunday, April 26

RIck Ross - Deeper Than Rap



I haven’t been able to get into any of Rick Ross’ albums in the past, and that’s something I really can’t explain why. Each of his albums has had solid tracks, but as a collective piece of work I have always found myself battling with an Attention Deficit Disorder. This new album “Deeper Than Rap” has left me able to sit and focus throughout on what is a solid all around album. I wont go into detail about each track on a breakdown level, but I will say that the production on this album has a more mature feel to it. Most people would say that the guest appearances take away from his performances on the album, but even his featured players on the album are quality. Foxy Brown, Robin Thicke, John Legend, Nas, and Trina to name a few.

So if you haven’t been able to fall in line with Officer Freeway Ricky Ross in the past… check this album out. I can guarantee that it won’t disappoint. I’d give it a solid B+.

Keep Hip Hop Alive, One Bar At A Time
Over and Out, DocBoone

No comments: