Wednesday, April 1

Lil Wayne's "Break" from Rap


Wayne is supposedly bored with rap. Well, when you drop 3 million different mixtapes and make 4 million guest appearances... what do you expect? That's like frying chicken every night. Even though you make some bomb ass fried chicken, after a couple of days you are going to get tired of it. That boredom could easily be fixed by just laying low for a minute... or a couple of years.

""The rock sh*t just comes from what my life is now," Wayne said. "I've grown into this person." Describing a wild night when he woke up in bed with three or four women he couldn't name, Wayne reveals he had an epiphany. "I just got, I'm not going to say 'so good' at what I was doing, but it became such a regularity for me that I got tired of it. And then I said, 'You know what? I'm not going to rap on this one...I don't want to be the best rapper in the world. Not now," he says. "I want to be the best. Period. Now. My favorite rapper hasn't done what I'm doing." (Rolling Stone)


Keep Hip Hop Alive, One Bar At A Time
Over and Out, DocBoone

No comments: