Saturday, July 14

Electric Boogaloo

Man. A friend sent me a link of a young Alfonso Ribeiro (Yeah, Carlton from The Fresh Prince) advertising for his "how to" breaking video. Quite hilarious:



Looking at that, I found some clips of one of my favorites movies as a child. Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo. I used to watch that movie over and over and over again. I think I used to wish that somehow the dance moves would telepathically transmit trough the television and VCR. Well since they never did, I never ended up dancing background for P Diddy either (thank God... LOL).

At any rate, the scence where Turbo was dancing in the bedroom, and he hit the walls and ceiling. Homie was getting it cracking on the ceiling! Just watching this clip brought back so many memories from my childhood. Right now, at this moment, I am going to my Blockbuster account to find Breaking 1 and 2. If you haven't seen those movies... and knowing how there are so many young bucks out here faking to know what Hip Hop is... I'd advise you go and check these flicks out... along with some others:

Krush Groove:

Beat Street:

Wild Style:


Here is that clip from Breakin' 2... Check out my boy Turbo.



Aiight peoples...

Keep Hip Hop Alive, One Bar at a Time.

Over and Out, DocBoone.

No comments: