Monday, April 16

Random Thoughts


I'm sitting here at work waiting on this school bell to ring signifying that it's time to go home for the day. It's currently 3:27pm and school gets out at 3:42pm. Obviously there is too much on my mind to have it all transcribed by 3:42pm, so I may have to carry this over to some writing at home.

I'm sitting here looking out the window at the wind blowing and the sun shining... and for some reason I smell popcorn from somewhere down the hall. I'm making a mental note to pop some popcorn right now when I get home. There are all kinds of things that are going on inside my mind right now though. I'm sitting here thinking about the thing that's standing out the most and that is this banging headache. Aside from that, I'm thinking about life in general and many of the things that it entails.

For instance... growing up. I'm only 25 years old, but I feel like I'm older than that. The Psychologist (older black man) that I share my office with at this school just said to me, "Don't feel too old, because it catches up to you." What in the hell did he mean by that? Did he mean that I probably shouldn't stop going out to the clubs? Did he mean that I probably shouldn't stop drinking? Or, did he mean that I should stop acting like my career as a School Social Worker is so important? I don't think he meant any of that, but I'm not so sure I'm ready to say I know exactly what he meant.

I live a life where I sometimes wonder if I did things too fast. I finished college and grad school at 23 years old. I also bought my first home when I was 23 years old. I started my career when I was 23 as well. Aside from having a family, those things have given me a different look on life. I have a lot more to lose than most people my age, especially black males. (The bell is about to ring in a few minutes, so I'm going to pack up and finish my thoughts when I get home).

... Ok. It's 6:32. I just finished watching The Pursuit of Happiness with a 5 minute nap in there somewhere. Damn this blog for today, I'm happy. I'm about to go play the Xbox. Later.

DocBoone

No comments: