Sunday, July 27

Little Wayne


Ok. Now some may call me a Lil Wayne hater, and some of you fools will understand. For some reason or another Lil Wayne gets more attention than most rappers from people all over the world. Say Lil Wayne and you're in for a discussion, debate, argument, or some other form of conversational volley. Just open any blog, forum, or website and you'll see how there are 100+ comments all about how Lil Wayne is great or how stinks worst than corn in human feces.

What I'm trying to get to - and I've said this before... dude is not wack. He is not the greatest rapper alive either. This Carter III album is not great, but it's ok. I've never said that it was garbage... just doesn't sound like the album of the greatest rapper alive. Now if you go back before the 1 million mixtapes and guest appearances, The Carter II is twice as good as The Carter III. Yeah, I know that's just my opinion, but I'm going to step out and say that my opinion counts more than yours. Ha! Whatever the case... just go through and pound for pound, track for track - The Carter II is more consistent than The Carter III. C3 is an album that focuses on what's hot in the game today (vocoders and guest appearances). C2 has NO T-Pain vocoder, and it does not have a ton of guest appearances (you can count them on one hand). It's just plain and simple more concentrated on. You can visibly see the work put into it. And it SOUNDS good too. I don't know, I can't influence people what to think or who and what to like. So, just take this from me... go listen to both albums and tell me which one lyrically is stronger. Not which one is hotter... that shit doesn't matter. While you're at it, go bang the first Carter album too.

Keep Hip Hop Alive, One Bar at a Time.

Over and Out, DocBoone

No comments: